Kofta Kabob, a classic Middle Eastern dish, is a tantalizing combination of well-spiced ground meat, herbs, and aromatic spices. These succulent grilled skewers are a staple at gatherings and a favorite street food delicacy.
Introduction: Kofta Kabob, a classic Middle Eastern dish, is a tantalizing combination of well-spiced ground meat, herbs, and aromatic spices. These succulent grilled skewers are a staple at gatherings and a favorite street food delicacy. Whether enjoyed as a main course or tucked into pita bread with fresh veggies and sauces, Kofta Kabob never fails to satisfy cravings for rich flavors and smoky aromas. Let’s explore the art of preparing this delectable dish with a traditional Kofta Kabob recipe.
- 1 pound (450g) ground beef or lamb
- 1 small onion, finely grated
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Wooden or metal skewers
- In a large bowl, combine the ground meat, grated onion, minced garlic, parsley, cilantro, cumin, coriander, paprika, cinnamon, salt, and pepper. Mix the ingredients thoroughly to ensure an even distribution of flavors.
- Once the mixture is well combined, cover the bowl and let it rest in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes. This allows the flavors to meld together and the meat to firm up.
- If using wooden skewers, soak them in water for about 30 minutes to prevent them from burning during grilling.
- Preheat your grill to medium-high heat.
- Take a handful of the meat mixture and shape it around the skewers, forming elongated meat cylinders. Make sure the meat is tightly packed to prevent it from falling off the skewers during grilling.
- Place the Kofta Kabob skewers on the preheated grill and cook for approximately 10-12 minutes, turning occasionally to ensure even cooking. The meat should be nicely browned and cooked through.
- Once cooked, remove the Kofta Kabobs from the grill and let them rest for a few minutes. This allows the juices to redistribute, resulting in tender and juicy kabobs.
- Serve the Kofta Kabobs hot, garnished with fresh herbs and accompanied by a side of tzatziki sauce, hummus, or a squeeze of lemon juice. These kabobs are delicious as a main course with rice or as a filling for sandwiches or wraps.
Conclusion: Kofta Kabob is a true delight for meat enthusiasts, boasting a harmonious blend of spices and tender ground meat. Whether preparing for a festive gathering or a casual backyard barbecue, these flavorful skewers are sure to impress everyone’s taste buds. With its rich flavors and enticing aroma, Kofta Kabob is a classic Middle Eastern dish that captures the essence of grilled perfection. So, fire up the grill, gather your ingredients, and embark on a culinary adventure with Kofta Kabob which will transport you to the vibrant streets of the Middle East.